Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fur or Faux

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!



It was 28 degrees this morning in New York.  Definitely makes me regret dropping all my fur coats off for a little TLC last week.  While I was talking to my furrier Anne Dee Goldin (by appointment via adg@goldin44.com or 917-282-6626), I inquired if she could rework vintage furs into blankets and she said anything is possible.  She just used the old hem of a client's shortened coat to make pillows. The reason I asked was because Howard Slatkin had told me that he had his mother's old minks turned into blankets.  I know some of you are very anti-fur but it's eco-friendly to be able to take a vintage fur and modernize it either into a blanket or pillows especially if it has sentimental value. But there is always the faux fur option.  Bunny Williams Home has a great option as does Pottery Barn.

IT WAS 28 DEGREES HERE THIS MORNING


DF
TO WEAR OR NOT TO WEAR


DF
TO WEAR OR NOT TO WEAR



DF

TO WEAR OR NOT TO WEAR





No comments:

Post a Comment